Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Weather Was Beautiful Today

A strange thing happened last night. When Ben was alive and if I was in one room and he was in another and he wanted to tell me something, he would say "Hey You". Well I was in my computer room around 6:45 last night. The TV in the living room was on and a commercial came on and on the commercial a man's voice said "Hey You". It sounded just like Ben's voice and I almost said "What" in reply. Caught myself just before I spoke out. Gave me a very strange feeling. I had never seen or heard that commercial before. Hiker and I were both exhausted from our vigorous hike yesterday so we went to bed around 9:00 pm. She woke me up at 4:30 am to go potty. Hate getting up that early to let her out, but at least she is no letting me know she has to go outside. We went back to sleep after she came back in. Got up around 6:45 and fed Hiker and then made my breakfast. I needed to head over to Wal-Mart for some groceries. Took Hiker with me in her crate in the back of the 4Runner. While at Wal-Mart, I had to do everything I could to hold my tears back because of the Christmas music they were playing in the store. Plus seeing all of the holiday displays and foods. I was able to keep any tears from flowing, but I rushed through the store so I could get out of there asap. I used to love to go to Wal-Mart and other stores at Christmas time to see all of the decorations. Now I hate it. I did decide to buy a boneless turkey breast to cook in the crock pot for me and Hiker for Thanksgiving. I had not planned on doing anything for Thanksgiving dinner, but saw the turkeys and thought it would give me and Hiker several meals. I took Hiker for a 1.7 mile walk after we got home and then after our walk she wanted me to come out into the yard and play ball with her. Trouble is, when she “plays” ball, it means she wants me to chase her around the yard and try to the get ball away from her. I do not know where she gets all of her energy. Took her for another 1 mile walk in the dry riverbed this afternoon. She was in a very cuddly mood all day. Kept wanting me to play with her. Finally settled down on the sofa next to me and went to sleep.


2 comments:

  1. Think of the strange advertisement as a loving message from Ben.Seems like Hiker is really keeping you busy. I think you and he are good for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this commercial was GODSENT. For one brief moment in time, Ben was there again saying hello. Hiker sounds like such a loving, sweet dog. It is wonderful you found each other. I'm glad you will be celebrating Thanksgiving. You're making new memories. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay