Sunday, November 6, 2011

Rainy Sunday

I woke up around 4:30 am to the sound of rain. Hiker jumped up on the bed and crawled under the covers so I guess she was cold. Her “belly clock” did not change with the regular clocks as we “fell back” to “standard time”. She wanted to get up at 6:00 am and have her breakfast because her belly was telling her it was 7:00. I finally got up at 6:30 and fed her. I hope her belly gets with the “real” time soon. She went out into the rain and pottied after she ate, then wanted me to take her for a walk. I told her “no walk” because I didn't want to go out into the rain and since she does not use her walks to go potty, there is really no need for the walk except for the fact that she just loves to walk. The sun came out around 9:30 so as I had promised Hiker, I took her out for a very short walk. Everything was so wet. Since she is not very “tall” her paw splash water and mud up onto her belly so when we got home, her bottom side was soaked. I sold Ben's beer kegerator today. The spot where it had sat for 18 years looks so empty now. Ben loved his beer. He had a kegerator 28 years of the 31 years we were married. I sold it to the son-in-law of our friends Karren and Wally. I never drank beer, so I was glad to sell it to someone I knew and who I knew would take care of it and enjoy it as much as Ben did. I shed a few tears about selling it. I'm thinking about start to move some furniture around in other rooms. I want to get one of those chair and a half chairs that makes out into a bed for my computer room, which is actually my second bedroom. I had thought about getting a futon for that room, but the chair will take up less room than a futon would. Hiker now thinks she has a new spot to play where Ben's kegerator was. Took Hiker to her #4 training class. Today we teaching them to come to us. This was the one I've been waiting for. The trainer told us that we should only work with them on this one about 3 times a week and only for about 5 or 10 minutes because the dogs will get bored and ignore us after that. There is only one more training class left to teach them “shake” and “high five”. The week after than they have graduation. It is already getting dark here but then it is cloudy so that makes it worse. I'm feeling lonely for Ben. Just had 3 loud claps of thunder and it started hailing really hard for about 15 minutes. It's all over the ground and all over the roofs of the houses in my neighborhood. Hiker was going crazy.

1 comment:

  1. I have not been commenting very much,sorry.I am dealing with a lot of sadness these days.Glad your day was busy.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay