Wednesday, November 16, 2011

We Went On A Wonderful Hike Today

Hiker woke me up around 4:30 am acting like she wanted to go outside, but when I went to the door, she didn't want to go out, so I made her go back to bed. She kept wanting to play, but I finally got her to settle down and go back to sleep for awhile. We got up around 6:30 and got ready for the hike we were going on today with our friend Linda. Linda got here around 8:00 and we headed over to Altadena, CA to a place called Eaton Canyon. We had never hiked there before so we were looking forward to it. The traffic on the freeway was crazy this morning. It usually is not backed up on the 210, but it was today. We got over to Eaton Canyon and Linda went into the Nature Center to get a trail map while I waited outside with Hiker. We started off on the trail and there were a lot of people there today. There was even a group of hiking seniors. We were told that the waterfall we wanted to hike to was about 1 1/2 miles into the canyon. The first mile of the trail was wide open and went through a few oak groves. We missed the turn off to the waterfall at first, but then went back and found it. The trail narrowed and headed under a bridge and then up into a canyon alongside a fast running creek, which we had to cross several times. Hiker got her belly very wet, but I could tell she was loving it. When we reached the 40 foot waterfall, we were very tired, but the vigorous hike was well worth it as the falls were beautiful. We rested awhile and then headed back downstream and back out onto the wide trail and to the parking lot. We headed home, but stopped in La Crescenta at a Subway Sandwich Shop for lunch. Hiker was stretched out in the back seat of Linda's car, sound asleep. The hike had worn her out. When we got home, I immediately got into the shower with Hiker and cleaned all of the mud off her. She doesn't care too much for showers, but she love it once she gets out and gets dried off with the towel. I don't think I'd ever seen her as happy as she was out on that trail this morning. She was really enjoying herself. I certainly gave her the perfect name. She is not stretched out, sound asleep on the sofa next to me. She should sleep good tonight. My body is starting to ache, so I'm pretty pooped too. LOL.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great way to spend the day.Have a good sleep tonight.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay