Wednesday, May 2, 2012

It Was A Dark And Gloomy Day

Yesterday I got an email newsletter from Loleta Cheese Factory. This is a family owned cheese factory in Loleta, CA where Ben and I used to go every time we were up in Humboldt County, CA. I had been thinking about ordering some cheese from them but I just could not bring myself to do it because I used to order it for Ben and me. He loved their cheeses. Every year, between May 31st and October 1st, they suspend shipments of their cheeses because of the warmer weather. When I saw in their newsletter that I only had a few weeks to order, I grabbed my credit card and ordered some of my (and Ben's) favorite cheeses. It was another “Gray May” day here in SoCal this morning. Hiker and I went out for a 1.5 mile walk and then headed over to Sam's Club. I do not like taking walks when it is cloudy and gray. I know it's cooler but I just feel too moody when I'm out walking in gloomy weather. Had lunch and watched my soap and then took Hiker for another 1.5 mile walk. It's still very gray and cloudy outside. When we got back home, Hiker and I kept hearing a knocking when we were inside the house. Hiker ran to the front door and barked. I finally went outside and found out there was a crow up on the roof with a nut or something in its beak and it was banging the nut on my roof. I guess he was trying to crack it open or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay