Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sundays Are Great For Hiking

Got up a little early this morning and headed over to Towsley Canyon for a little hike. Wanted to go before it got too hot. Decided on Towsley because the trail there is very wide in most places and I figured if I kept Hiker right in the middle of the trail and away from the brush that maybe she would not get anymore ticks. Hiker saw many little bunnies along the trail. She does not try to chase them. She usually just plants her butt down and watches them until the hop away into the bushes. When we first got there around 8:00 am the parking lot was only about half full, but when we left, there was not a parking space anywhere. I've never seen so many cars there before. I guess everyone else had the same idea as me about getting out before it got too hot. When we left there to come home around 9:45 am, it was already 80°. Did some laundry and then vacuumed the house. After that I made lunch and vegged out on the sofa most of the day. I did get up off the sofa around 2:15 pm and walk Hiker down to the park for a few minutes. Spaghetti and meatballs with a small green salad for dinner tonight.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Kay!
    Totally with you on getting up early to beat the heat. Yesterday, we didn't get out early enough, and the heat almost did us in, it was brutal. Not anything what it will be like this summer, though. I swear it is hotter now than it used to be.
    Take care and make sure you always have water for you and for Hiker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kay- I'm so sorry I haven't been visiting your blog much lately!! Thank you so very much for your comments on my blog- I really appreciate it.

    I enjoyed reading about your day- I always do!! That is funny about Hiker and the bunnies- that she just sits there and watches them....haha
    Hope that you have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay