Saturday, December 28, 2013

Scary Day That Ended Well

Got up just before 7 am this morning. Around 8:30 am I got a call from my older brother Ron. He was calling from the hospital. He called 911 around 5:30 am to come and get him as he was feeling dizzy, weak, clammy and had the chills. He said they ran all kinds of tests on him...EKG, CT Scan, blood work, etc. He said one doctor came in, took a look at him and said he looked very dehydrated. His B/P was not bad and he didn't sound too bad but I know he is scared. He said his cell phone battery was low so he asked me to contact his son Matt who also lives in Paradise, so I did. Matt called the hospital and they said there was no one by that name registered there so I told Matt to go to ER and they would know where he was. I'm guess he is still in ER because the last I heard from Matt around 1 pm was that he was waiting for the nurse to find out if it was OK for him to go back and be with his dad. I also contacted Ron's daughter Darrah who lives in northern Nevada. She is very scared so I told her that either Matt or I would call her when we find out what is going on. Keith got here a little after 10 am and I told him what was going on. He and I later went out for lunch. Matt texted around 1:45 saying all the tests are coming back OK and Ron is hungry, so that is a good sign. I called Darrah and told her what Matt told me. Keith, Hiker and I went for a drive in the car and just before 3 pm, Matt texted me and said that the hospital was releasing Ron. I'll probably talk to him later this evening.

2 comments:

  1. I will add Ron to my prayer list, Kay. My oh my, what a scary thing! I hope it was just a fluke & that Ron feels a whole lot better in the coming days. Please keep us posted, would you?

    Love~ Andrea
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your brother is doing well enough to be released from the hospital. Prayers for his continued improvement.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay