Saturday, June 14, 2014

Flag Day 2014

Stayed in bed until 8 am this morning. Wasn't asleep, but the bed felt so good, I just didn't want to get out of it. Got up and made some breakfast and then did a load of laundry.
I wish I had someone living near me who was a “gung ho” walker and would encourage me to get out and walk/hike more. I have gotten so bad lately about not wanting to get out. Don't know why. When I first retired and I was losing weight, I was “addicted” to walking and hiking. I would go out every morning around 6 am and sometimes take another walk in the afternoon. I would do at least 2 miles and it didn't matter what the weather was. I even walked in the rain. And what's really sad is that Hiker is getting very lazy about walking too. Sometimes she tries to hid from me when I'm getting her leash.
After the gardener left, I convinced myself and Hiker to go out for a walk. It was 80° and breezy and didn't feel too hot until we'd gone about a mile or so, then I started to sweat so we headed home. Had some lunch and watched TV which made me sleepy so I took a little nap.
Took a photo or my house with my flag out for Flag Day. I used to have a pole but the bottom of it rotted away and I didn't feel like getting another.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about walking. I used to walk 6 to 8 miles a day, ten years ago. But with torn meniscus and baker's cysts and arthritis, I now have excuses not to.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay