Monday, June 9, 2014

Hot Day...Stayed Inside

I was really wiped out after that yard sale on Saturday. I went to bed early Saturday night and slept pretty good, but when I got up Sunday morning, I still felt very tired. I ran a couple of errands and took Hiker for a short walk. I had a headache so I took an Ibuprofen and then settled down to watch a movie, but kept dozing off, so finally stopped the movie and then I fell asleep on the sofa. I slept for about 2 hours until the ringing of my phone woke me up. Hiker was in my face wondering why I was not getting up to answer the phone. I very rarely take naps and when I do, they are usually for about 15 or 20 minutes...never 2 hours. I don't like to take naps because they make my head fill like it is full of mush and boy, did I feel that way when I woke up yesterday from that long nap. I decided to have a dish of ice cream and then I tried to watch TV but my head was so mushy that I finally just went to bed around 8:15 pm. Fell right back to sleep and slept through the entire night. I know that when I take pain killers, they do make me drowsy, so I know that the Ibuprofen is what made me fall asleep.
Anyway...I felt fine today. Got up at 6 am and Hiker and I went for a dog walk with Jean and her dogs. I had to run over to Good Will to drop off a bag of clothes and then went by Sam's Club to pick up a few things. On my way there was a 3 car accident on Soledad.
Had on CBS waiting for “The Young And The Restless” to come one when the news started showing a high speed chase on the freeway. They were chasing a man who was wanted for terrorist threats. He stopped the car in North Hollywood and got out with an assault rifle and ran into a neighborhood where he got on the roof of a house. Then he came down from the roof and he barricaded himself in a house. Around 3 pm the police shot tear gas into the house and the guy came out and surrendered.
Got up to 100° on my patio today.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh what a scary scenario unfolding in your area. Glad there weren't casualties. Hope your head feels better after sleeping tonight.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay