Thursday, March 26, 2015

Happy Birthday Dad

Got up early this morning because I had errands to run. It was Hiker who didn’t want to get out of bed this morning, but she had to when I started making the bed with her in it.
I headed out and got my Lottery ticket, then went by the bank to the ATM to get some spending cash and then went over to the car wash. My car had not been washed since mid-February and after the trip up to Ventura yesterday, it had a lot of bugs on the windshield.
After leaving the car wash, I stopped by the Dollar Tree just to look around, but they really didn’t have anything interesting today.
Today would have been my dad’s 100th birthday. We lost him due to a heart attack in 1983 at the age of 67. Cannot believe he’s been gone for 32 years. Now I’m almost the age he was when he passed.
Refilled my two hummer feeders out on my patio. Now I have to make more sugar water for the next time.
Had the second half of my fish and chips from Andria’s Restaurant where we ate yesterday in Ventura. It’s almost as good the second time as it is the first.
Got my weekly vacuuming done. Didn’t get as much dog hair since I had my neighbor Jean (Hiker’s groomer) cut Hiker’s hair shorter last week.
The mailman left my package of Loleta Cheese on my porch a while ago. I thought I wasn’t going to get to order any this season. When I went on their website back in December, they did not have any of my favorite Roasted Garlic Jack Cheese. I emailed them and they didn’t say why, but they were out of stock. I kept checking the website every couple of weeks because they only ship from the end of October to the beginning of May. Finally, a couple of days ago, they had the Garlic Jack in stock again, so I ordered four blocks of it along with one block of Smokey Cheddar and one block of Green Chili Jack. I love the Green Chili Jack for quesadillas.
Was very warm here today. Got up to 95° on my patio.

My Dad

3 comments:

  1. Your dad is a handsome guy. It was warm there with 95*. Rained here all day and it has cool down to 70*. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dad is a handsome fella. With the drought in your area don't they have bans on car washing? Boy does that cheese sound delicious. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I took the car to a car wash instead of washing it at home. The car washes use recycled water.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay