Thursday, March 19, 2015

I guess last night we had some thunder and lightning, but I had all of the blinds and drapes drawn and the TV on, so I never noticed. I knew that when I let Hiker outside just before we went to bed that it was raining and I know while we were in bed with the TV on for a little while, I could hear the rain. My neighbor Jean called me to ask if Hiker was OK during the thunder and I told her that I didn’t hear it and Hiker must not have either because she didn’t act like she normally does when she hears it.
We slept in AGAIN this morning. It’s getting to be an everyday thing with us, except on the days we have a dog walk with Jean or I have an early appointment. Last night I had a dream that I was working (why do I always dream I’m working?). It was at Lockheed, but as usual, it looked nothing like the Lockheed I worked at and once again it was night time, which I always find strange because I never worked at night. So I parked my car in the lot and headed into the building. Had trouble finding where my office was and finally found it and saw my friend Suzi Blagg in the office. Then for some reason, I left and went back out into the lot but could not remember where I had parked my car. Then I woke up and it was time to get up.
For all of you who have been sitting on needles and pins waiting to hear if I ever got any of my housework done (well maybe ALL of you are not sitting on needles and pins), but for those of you who are, you will be so happy to hear that I actually accomplished getting some of it done today. So get your butts up off of those pointy things!

I sure with CBS would get it through their heads that no one cares about March Madness! Every year, they show stupid basketball instead of all the shows I watch on that network. Makes me so MAD!
Around 11:30 am, Hiker and I went to get my lottery ticket and then we drove over to Placerita Nature Center to walk around some. I took a few photos of some of the wild flowers that are blooming there. We didn’t walk far because the grass is so high that I’m afraid Hiker might get ticks or that the baby rattlers are out and a bite from them is worse than from an adult rattler.

Saw this rose in my neighbor's yard:

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I always enjoy your daily thoughts... I journal also (have a neat online journal) --but don't publish it for others to read... I know you started yours when going through the death of your hubby... Speaking of that, I have a blog friend in Knoxville who just lost her hubby (age 59) to cancer.. Very sad for her... You know what she is going through .. AND--she just lost her Daddy a few weeks ago...

    Thanks for coming to my blog. I enjoy keeping up with you and your life with Hiker --- and on Facebook.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the thunderstorm did not scare Hiker. I am upset having to miss Y&R because of the basketball games. Frustrating for sure.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay