Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Great Lunch Out With The Girls

Today I met with several of my retired from Lockheed girlfriends for lunch at the Sizzler in Palmdale, CA. Linda went with me. I decided to experiment by letting Hiker stay in the house today while I was gone. As usual, Hiker seemed to know this morning that I was going somewhere and leaving her alone. I try to do everything “normal” each morning so she won't suspect, but she is just too damn smart for me. Linda came by around 10:30 am and we headed up to the Jack-In-The-Box parking lot to pick up our friends Lynn Toler and Judy Arbogast, then headed up the freeway to Palmdale. Everyone showed up. There was 10 of us and as usual, we all had a good time. My friend Suzi Blagg, who just retired in December was there and it was so good to see her and catch up. She and I used to be “cubie mates” the last 5 years I was at Lockheed. Also in attendance was Judy Holdt, Gail Plessner, Marce Smith, Kay Limpus, and Jacki Sanderson. Thought I'd mention their names for any Lockheed people who read this email. As I said...I decided to experiment with leaving Hiker alone in the house while I was gone and SUCCESS! She was a very good girl. No accidents and nothing “destroyed”. We were gone for about 3 hours and 15 minutes, so I guess I can start leaving her in the house more now when I have to go place where I cannot take her with me. GOOD GIRL HIKER! After Linda left, I took Hiker down to the park for a short walk. It got up to 80° here today.


4 comments:

  1. Good for Hiker. Glad you are getting out a lot with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures of the group, Kay... Looks like you all had a great time together.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is great to meet up with old workmates. Glad you had a good time and Hiker was an angel too. I hope she gets used to you going out. We had a dog years ago who would bark and jump and carry on a treat whenever we moved the car keys as she thought we were going out.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay