Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Typical Tuesday

Hiker did something funny last night. When I was dating Ben, he opened a new bank account with Crocker Bank. At the time, if you opened a new account, they gave you a stuffed Teddy Bear named “Sunny”. After we got married, Ben stuffed it into a box with some other things and it was out in our garage after we moved here. While I was going through things in the garage yesterday, I came across “Sunny Bear” so I took him into the house and put him on my bed. Hiker had not been into the bedroom all day, but after I had dinner, she wandered down there and all of a sudden she started barking. I went to see what was wrong and she was barking at “Sunny Bear” because she didn't know who or what he was. The hair on the back of her neck was standing up. I remember the first day I brought Hiker home, I had a carved redwood bear on the hearth of the fireplace and she did the same thing with it. Guess she doesn't like bears (LOL). Went to my grief support group this morning. My friend DeDee was there to. Seems that each week we are getting more and more people. We are going to need a bigger room soon if that keeps up. Today we discussed how we all try to have a few good laughs when we are at Group. We are not one of those sad depressing grief groups. We do discuss things about our grief, but we also try to have fun and enjoy each other's company. After Group, DeDee and I drove over to the pizza parlor and met Linda for lunch. I'm starting to get burned out on the pizza buffet. Need to try to find somewhere else to go now and then. When I got home, Hiker jumped all over me with excitement. She just hates being left alone. She was in the garage for 4.5 hours today. I took her right out for a 1 miles walk. I feel bad about leaving her alone, but I do have to go places where it is impossible for me to take her now and then. Got up to almost 80° here today.


1 comment:

  1. She looks okay about Sunny the bear now. It is sad to leave her but she does need to get used to it. I bet she forgives you when you take her for a walk.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay