Friday, January 6, 2012

No Power Day

The hike yesterday really wore both me and Hiker out. Last night when I was watching TV, she was next to me on the sofa sleeping. Normally she's running around the house with her toys. We went to bed around 8:45 pm and both fell asleep almost immediately. When we got up this morning, I took her for a 1.5 mile walk and then we came back and I made us each a poached egg. Mine on a muffin with ham and cheese, Hiker's just the egg chopped up on a plate. Then I was going to start my laundry but got a call from the security gate telling me that my power was going to be turned off for awhile. Seems that there is a problem with some underground wiring between the houses on my block and they need to turn off the power to work on it. This exact thing happened one morning many years back when my brother Ron was here visiting Ben and me. Ben had gone to work. Ron was asleep on the living room sofa and I was still in my bed when I woke up around 8:00 am, I noticed my alarm clock was not working. Checked around the house and noticed there was no electricity. I called the office to report it and they sent a guy over to check it out and he found out that the house next door didn't have any power either. They had to go into the underground power boxes to work on it and if I remember correctly, my power was off all day that day. Hope that's not the case this time. Before the power went off and I lost my Internet hook up (can't use a modem without power) I had emailed AT&T again. I wanted to make sure that they didn't expect me to continue trying to contact their Customer Relations Center about trying to get that order for the U-Verse installation stopped. They assured me that they were taking care of everything and for me to relax. They don't know me, so they don't know how hard that is for me to do when something like this is on my mind. I was born a worrier and I'll probably be a worrier until the day I die. The electricity was off from around 9:00 am until 2:00 pm so I was not able to get on the Internet during that time. I ran some errands instead. Went to the bank and over to the grocery store, then went and got some lunch a KFC. Got a phone call around 12:00 noon from an AT&T person who confirmed that he had canceled the order for the installation of the U-Verse. Now...I hope that Canyon View Estates and Time Warner will be able to make a permanent deal. If not, I'll have to figure out what I'm going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.