Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Take A Hike!

Was 26° when I let Hiker out to potty this morning around 5:30 am. We stayed in bed until after 7:00 waiting for the house to get warm. Linda sent me a Facebook message last night asking if we could go for a local hike this morning so I didn't take Hiker for a morning walk because Linda got here around 9:00 am and the three of us headed over to Placerita Canyon. It was very cold when we got there. There was frost all over everything. We hiked from the Nature Center parking lot all the way to the Walker Ranch area and back...4 miles in total. It had warmed up by the time we got back to the car. Hike was tired when she got done hiking. She fell asleep in the back sleep and when we got home, she crashed on the sofa all afternoon. Tomorrow Linda and I are heading over to the Los Angeles Zoo to meet our friend Lynn who is a docent there. Lynn wanted to treat Linda to a private Zoo Tour because of how much Linda was there for me when Ben was in the hospital and then again right after he passed away. You know...It's been a little over 7 months since Ben died and I'm still "waiting for him to come home from the hospital". I know he's really gone, but that feeling still remains.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay