Saturday, November 29, 2014

Another Busy Day

When I woke up this morning, I felt like a truck had run me over. It was about 5:30 am and I had just let Hiker outside. I was sore from helping Jean with her Christmas Decorations yesterday. Went back to bed and did not get up again until 8 am, still sore, but feeling a little better.
Had some breakfast and did a load of laundry. Jean wanted me to come back and help her put her lights around all of the decorations, but I could not go over until after the guys who mow my yard came because I had to pay them today. Once they were done with the yard, Hiker and I went over to Jean’s. She had put out more of the yard decorations.
While I was there, Jean opened the front door to wide and one of the little dogs she is watching for a neighbor got out and took off down the street. I had tried to grab it as it went by me but it was too fast for me. It ran round the corner and down my street with Jean running behind it calling its name. I stopped at my house and got my car and took off after them. Lost track of them so I circled around again and saw the dog running toward me with Jean following. The dog ran past me and up the hill so I turned the car around and followed it. Luckily two guys were working in their yards as I drove around the corner after the dog. I yelled at them to grab the dog and they finally cornered it and got it to me in the car. I turned around to head back to Jean’s house as the dog pooped on my t-shirt from fear. Found Jean walking slowly down her street looking upset because she had no idea I had the dog. She looked so relieved when I held it up so she could see it. She was wondering how she was going to tell the dog’s owner that the dog had run away, but luckily she won’t have to. I went home and changed my shirt and then headed back over to Jean’s house.
We finished with the lights around 1 pm so I headed home with Hiker to have some lunch.
It was another warm day here…about 80° so each day it is cooling down a few degrees. We might get rain on Tuesday, but I won’t believe it until I see it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my what a dog tale. Glad the little fella is safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay