Friday, November 28, 2014

I'm Pooped!

Got up at 6 am this morning even though we didn’t do a dog walk with Jean and her dogs. Jean wanted me to go with her over to the Dollar Tree and Big Lots at 8 am. We were surprised that both stores were almost empty of shoppers. It was very nice and quiet. Guess a lot of people did their “Black Friday” shopping on “Gray Thursday” after they had their turkey dinners.
After we got home, I went over to Jean’s house and helped her put up most of her Christmas yard art. This is the third year I’ve helped her put it up and I can tell that it gets harder each year as I grow another year older. I was there for about two and a half hours and I was so tired I had to stop and come home. Plus the fact that it was 85° didn’t help any. I cannot take the heat. Anyway, when I left she was still putting stuff out. I told her that she either has to stop putting it all out or just put out only her very favorite yard decorations. She must have 150 to 200 individual pieces.
I also was able to put us some decorations at my house. I didn’t go all out this year. I usually put colored lights around the garage door, around the porch and around the big front window, but this year, I only put a small lighted Christmas tree on the porch with some lighted garland around the front door. Also a few pieces of yard art, magnets on the garage door and that’s about it. Just gets to be too much each year. After Ben died, it took me 2 years to get back into the mood to even decorate.
Got my driver’s license renewal in the mail today and I lucked out again. I don’t’ have to go to the DMV Office. I was able to renew it online. So I’m set for another 5 years on that.
I am hungry since I skipped lunch when I was doing all of that decorating, plus I am probably going to go to bed early tonight since I am so pooped.



1 comment:

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay