Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Good-bye Timmy

On this Veteran’s Day, I went to the Senior Center for my grief support group. There were only 8 of us there today. There was a big ceremony at our local Veteran’s park just down the street from the Senior Center. We could hear them playing “Taps” as we started our meeting this morning.
While I was sitting outside waiting to go into my meeting this morning, the fire department and an ambulance drove up to the lobby door of the center and took out one of the volunteers. She was complaining for pain in her side, so I don’t know if she was having an appendix attack, a gall bladder attack or a heart attack.
Went to Round Table Pizza for lunch with DeDee, Paul, Jane and Linda from group. I noticed that Jean had called me but did not leave a message. I always turn my ringer off when I’m in group, so I didn’t know she had called. I was going to call her as soon as I got home because I knew she was taking her little dog Timmy to the vet this morning. As I was driving home, my phone rang. I have Bluetooth in my car so I answered the call. It was Jean calling to tell me that she had to put little Timmy down. I feel so bad. He was such a sweet little guy. The vet found that Timmy had a very large tumor in his stomach and he was very anemic. Jean had been told when she got Timmy in 2008 that he was 4 years old at the time so she though he was around 10 or 11 now, but the vet said he was more like 14 years old and that they could do surgery to remove the tumor, but he might not survive it and if he did, he’d have to have blood transfusions and be in the hospital for a long time. The vet felt it was better to put him to sleep. Jean said she agreed, but had called me to confirm that she was doing the right thing.
Hiker and I are really going to miss Timmy. Hiker would try to get him to play, even though he never would. I would have to tell Hiker that Timmy was old and that she had to be careful with him. I’m wondering if she will notice him missing when we go for our dog walk on Friday.
The sun never did come out here today. It has been in the mid 60’s and looks like it could rain. I sure hope it does.

Hiker and her friend Timmy

1 comment:

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay