Thursday, April 9, 2015

Nice Day With An Old Friend

Stayed in bed until 8 am again this morning. Also had to turn the heater on again to get the chill of the house. It was 42° at 6 am and 44° at 8 am. I was awake watching TV with the covers pulled way up and Hiker cuddled under her blanket.
Just watched some TV this morning. My friend Ed (Ben’s best buddy) got here a little after 10:30 am. It always takes Hiker a little while to adjust to him. He’s a nice guy, but a very “strange” guy and for some reason, Hiker just doesn’t take to him until he is here for a while. Once she gets used to him, she will play ball with him, but she still keeps an eye on him.
Ed and I went over to Round Table Pizza for their pizza and salad buffet. Thought we were going to have a repeat of the last time I was there with my retired Lockheed girlfriends. If you recall, on that day about 30 private school kids came crashing in making all kinds of noise and we could not hear ourselves think. Plus the adults who were supervising them did nothing to quiet them down. Well right after Ed and I sat down, about 15 school aged kids came in, but these kids were younger and they didn’t make hardly any noise at all, so it wasn’t bad.
Ed left to head back home to Pomona, CA around 1:45 pm. Hiker seems fine with him just about the time Ed gets ready to leave. This happens every time Ed comes to visit. Ed says it’s just Hiker’s way of protecting me.
Was a little hazy this morning, but the afternoon turned out to be nice and sunny.

1 comment:

  1. That is interesting that Hiker scrutinizes your friend like that. She must sense something that keeps her on guard. Glad she finally warmed up to him. Your lunch sounded nice. I would be upset too if loud noise disrupted my meal. Glad it didn't.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay