Monday, April 6, 2015

Pretty Normal Monday

Up at 6 am this morning. It was cloudy and chilly outside when we left for our dog walk at 7:30 am. We are supposed to have rain tomorrow, but it actually looked like it would start raining at any minute when we were walking, but the sun came out around 9:30 am.
After breakfast, I went over to Stater Brothers to do my grocery shopping. As soon as I walked in the door, there was the left-over Easter candy starring me in the face, so I had to buy 2 bags of it.
When I got home, I saw that my brother Ron had called, so I tried to call him back but kept getting a message that the circuits were busy and for me to call back later. I tried a few times, but didn’t get through. I tried his cell phone and it went straight to voicemail.
When I finally did reach him, he said that the power had been out all morning. He had no phone, no computer, no TV. He could not do any housework or anything. I was surprised that his cell phone had no service because cell service usually stays on when the other power is out.
I thought maybe they were having a storm up there but he said no. They did have some rain yesterday, but not much, and they are supposed to get more rain tomorrow when we are supposed to get some.
Had some lunch and watched “Y&R”. Did a little housework.
Been waiting for the phone call from the furniture store to tell me the 4-hour delivery window for my futon tomorrow. Hiker is lost without the ottoman bed being under the window in the small bedroom. She keeps going in there and lying in the floor right in front of the window. I keep telling her that tomorrow she will have something new to sleep on in that room during the day. Finally got the call from them around 2:30 pm. They said they delivery will be between 4 pm and 8 pm tomorrow. I hope it is more towards 4 pm. I don’t like strangers coming when it’s dark, even with Hiker here. Can’t believe they work that late.

2 comments:

  1. It is supposed to rain here too. We don't need it, but you all do. Easter candy just begs to be brought home. Enjoy every bite. It is rough when the power is out. Hope it came back quickly for your brother. Hiker is going to love the new futon. But I bet more of her hair will show on it. Hope they deliver it early. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have good day Kay! I'm sitting here watching rain pour at the airport and hoping the flight is not a bad one!!!! You all don't get a lot of rain do you? Seemed dry when I was out there before! i am headed to Phx - not much rain there lol

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay