Friday, April 17, 2015

Relaxing Friday

This morning we got up at 6 am, but it was to do our Friday dog walk with Jean. For some reason while we were out, Hiker was acting very nervous. You could tell she was on high alert just by her body language. I could not get her to calm down for anything.
We came back to my house to let the dogs play and she was a little better, but still kept trying to climb into my lap, which we all know is not normal for her as she is NOT a lap dog.
After Jean left, I had breakfast and then I filled 2 of my hummer feeders. Those little buggers empty them out so fast. When I only had 1 hummer, I only filled the 1 feeder I had about every 7 to 10 days. Now I fill the 3 feeders I have about every 3 to 4 days. The hummer that I did the video on the other day kept hanging around me while I was putting the feeders back up. He’s a brave little guy.
Also, since it is my water day, I went out and checked several of my sprinkler heads. Some of them were not spraying much, while others were spraying the side walk in the back yard, so I was changing the heads and adjusting them to water the grass and not the concrete.
I was so tired today. I’ve been getting up early for the past 3 or 4 days, but I’m still not falling asleep at night until around 11 pm, sometimes later. Need to get my body back into a routine for sleep.
Had considered driving up to Vasquez Rocks this afternoon to walk Hiker around and take some photographs, but was just too tired to drive.
I’ve decided that Hiker and I are going to sleep in both Saturday and Sunday. The weekends are always more crowded in the parks and on the trails, so I’d rather do our walking/hiking on week days. We will get back to the early morning walks again next week. My doctor said as long as I walk 3 to 5 days a week, I’m fine.

Hiker relaxing on the patio

1 comment:

  1. Hope whatever spooked Hiker is no longer an issue. I think weekends are made for sleeping in. ENJOY!


I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.