Monday, March 2, 2009

Day One

Let me introduce myself. My name is Kay. I am 59 years old. I am married to Ben. We have no children. We live in Canyon Country, CA which is about 40 miles north of Los Angeles.
I have two brothers, one older, one younger.
I grew up in Sunland, CA and attended Verdugo Hills High School in Tujunga, CA. I gratuated from there in 1968.
I worked for Lockheed Martin Aerospace for 37 1/2 years. Retired in February 2006.
I have blogged here before, but gave it up for awhile. Now I've decided to give it another try.
I belong to the Cloudeight "Not Over The Hill" web community and spend a lot of time chatting with friends there. You will find the link to my page there and some of my other websites under "My Links" on the left-hand side of my blog page here.
I am an amateur photographer. I love taking photographs and even dabble in digital videos a little. I love to hike on the mountain trails around where we live. I have combined my love for photography and hiking and have posted my hiking photos at Fotki.com and Webshots.com and my videos on my YouTube Channel. You can find the links to those websites under "My Links" also.
My plan for this blog site is to just chat about anything that comes to mind. I'll tell you my opinions on things, if I have an one, and I'll tell you about my hikes and other activities.
So for now I guess that's about it. Hope you'll enjoy this site and maybe end up being a follower. Hope you'll also check out my other websites.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for your visit to my site. We have some things in common—retirement, photography, years in So Cal... Good luck with your new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm here from Bloggers Over 50 and will go add you to the blog roll with your new link.

    [I can't delete your old link from the list tho, until they get their site up and running...last year they had a huge server crash and they're are trying to rebuild Blogrolling...there are still some features that are unavailable to us...but when it IS up completely, I'll delete your old blog.]

    For now, your new link will be added. I can still do that. You may have to reload your browser to see the new link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi..found your name and a comment given to another blogger...checked you out LOL..and will be back from time to time...drop by for a quick visit at my blog if you like...happy day to ya..Ora in KY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kay,

    Thanks for visiting and thanks for the compliment! I'll check out your other sites and I'll be back to this one. I love your header photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Just to chat about anything that comes to mind."

    Sounds like my blog. Welcome to the blogasphere!

    I'll add you to my Google reader and keep an eye on what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kay, thanks for stopping over. We have much in common..the hiking caught my attention, and I like to chit-chat on just about anything that hits my mind at the moment. keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stop by anytime.....we're a friendly place....

    We're a Pratt & Whitney Aircraft Family..............

    LindaMay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my lil blog ,also.I have a 'few' others .Glad to meet you I'll be back-and you come around and visit me again too.

     
    *~*~*~ Hugs ~*~*~*~
    *¨¨`*:·.*·.Connie.·* .·:*´¨¨*:
    http://windsweptwhispers.blogspot.com/
    http://conniesphotos.blogspot.com/ http://welcometotheenchantedland.blogspot.com/
     http://anyway-connie.blogspot.com/
    http://freezeframefotos.blogspot.com/
    http://thatswhatimtalkinbout.blogspot.com
    Proud member of ;
    http://theworldinblackwhite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to have another blogger on my list. thanks for visiting mine
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay