Saturday, March 14, 2009

Saturday With My Brother

My brother (Keith) arrived a little after 10:00 am. We messed around the house for a little while then headed over to the Placerita Canyon Nature Center. There were a lot of people there. Saturday is a very popular day there because they have docent led hikes and animal shows. We went over to the picnic area which sits in a Coastal Oak grove and had our lunch, then went back to the car, got our backpacks and cameras and headed off for our 4 mile round-trip hike to Walker Ranch and back. The Canyon Trail is a moderate difficulty trail that goes through the bottom of the canyon along the wet-weather creek and then up the slopes, through more oak groves to the Walker Ranch Camp Grounds. When we got to the "turn-around" area, we saw that some Boy Scout troops had set up camp there to spend the night.
Here is a picture I took of my brother along the trail:

After we got back to the house, we jumped into the car again and headed for Office Depot to buy me a webcam for my computer. I had been getting Office Depot Rewards Points from when I bought a printer from them and when I buy my ink cartridges from them, so I had a "gift card" worth $10.98 to go toward the camera. I got a MicroSoft Webcam that normally costs $39.99 for $29.99. When we got back home, Keith went into my wireless router and made it secure. I'd been using it for 1 1/2 years without it being a secure connection. Guess I'm lucky that no one every got into my network.
So now we are going to try to set up the camera and get everything on it work.
Tomorrow, we have another hike planned up to the waterfall in Placerita Canyon. Hope the water is flowing.

6 comments:

  1. You and your brother favor. I'm glad the two of you had such a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, everyone always says that my 2 brothers and I look very much alike.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you and your brother had a nice day. Good deal on the camera. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a wonderful day. I love southern California. I grew up there but it was oh so different in the 40s when I was a kid. LOL
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I did so want you to have a nice week end with your brother..and that was a good deal on the camera...I gotta check out my rewards..maybe I can get something besides ink...which I seem to need often LOL...happy hiking...hugs from Ora in KY...ps...it is dismal drizzling day here...oh well..tomorrow will be sunny and warmer...ya think???? LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like you had a nice day with your brother and the weather looked good too
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay