Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday Evening

Not looking forward to tomorrow. This year I had to change doctors because the company I used to work for changed the health care plans they offer to us. I had been going to my last doctor for over 4 years and I had been a member of his medical group during that time. The company I worked for dropped the insurance plan I was using and the only one I could afford that they were offering this year was Kaiser, which means I have to go to a Kaiser doctor and a Kaiser facility. Tomorrow I will see my new doctor for the first time. Plus....Kaiser called me last week and said that they had just received my medical records from my last medical group and they noticed I am due for a pap smear so my new doctor wants to do that during my appointment with him tomorrow. Oh joy.
My last doctor told me to let my new doctor know that I had the worst case of "white coat syndrome" he'd ever seen. He put me on blood pressure medications 4 years ago, but whenever I was in his office (or any doctors office), my B/P would be really high. It finally got to where he told me to take my B/P a few times a week at home and record it and bring him my numbers whenever I had an appointment with him so that he would know what my B/P "really" was. I'm going to take my B/P readings from home to my new doctor tomorrow for this reason.
Just the fact that I've never met this doctor before and the fact that I'm going to have to have my pap, my B/P will probably be way up there.

3 comments:

  1. our health system in itself will bring your blood pressure up. hope you have a good exam tomorrow. -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope everything turns out well for you. The traffic going to the medical center in San Antonio makes my blood pressure go up. That is why we are driving out of our way to the hill country for my appointment. well one of the reasons. The other being the hill country is pretty compared to our part of Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband is going to drive me, but I doubt that will help much.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay