Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Mid-Week

This morning I got up and made myself my favorite quick breakfast....a poached egg on a warm English muffin with a slice of lean ham and a slice of fat-free cheese and a glass of fat-free milk. Then I put my bicycle rack on my car, strapped on the bicycle and headed over to one of the many bike trails our city has. I did about a 1 1/2 to 2 mile bike ride along the riverbed trail.
After I got back home I cleaned up a little and headed over to the Kaiser Medical Facility near my home. Since my doctor wanted me to have a nurse "calibrate" my personal blood pressure monitor with hers, I thought I'd do that today and I'll fast after dinner tonight and go back over there to do my lab work in the morning. I'd never been there and wanted to have a look around. It is a brand new building and a very nice facility.
Anyway....the nurse determined that my personal B/P monitor is pretty close to the readings she got on her monitor. She said it may be off a few points, but it is acceptable, and that she would send an email to my doctor telling him that she feels I DO have "white coat syndrome". Doctors just never want to believe in "WCS". The nurses usually tell me though that they believe in it.
Would you believe that I'm wearing shorts and a sleeveless top today? Here in SoCal it is 84 degrees and beautiful outside. I have my front door open and I can hear the birds singing. Just went up to check the mail box and noticed that my daffodils are already wilting. They sure don't last long after they bloom. Now I'm waiting for my tulips to pop out.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a nice day. It was pretty here too and I think it will be too hot shortly.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay