Thursday, March 12, 2009

Going Through Memories

This morning I went for a 1.5 mile walk. While out, I ran into my friend John Garcia who was also out walking. John and I worked together at Lockheed for many years. I remember when I worked in the purchase order office and he worked on the receiving dock. I was about 20 and he was about 23. He and his wife now live around the corner from Ben and me. John retired a few years before I did.
This afternoon I started going through a big box of old photographs, picking out the ones that I want to scan and save on flash drives. A year and a half ago, we were evacutated from our home when a wildfire came raging over the hill just north of us and threatened our neighborhood. At that time, I grabbed my BIG box of photos and all of the photo albums I could find and threw them into the car. I saw a news story on TV the other day about a woman who had to evacuate her home the same year due to a fire in her area. She said she could not grab all of her photos as they were evacuated on the spur of the moment. Luckily her home did not burn and she did not lose her photos. She has started a business scanning photos for people and putting them on CDs. After seeing that, I decided to start scanning some of my cherished photos and putting them on a flash drive which will be very easy to grab in the case (God forbid) we ever have to evacuate again.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad the wildfire didn't make it too your home. I've been planning to do that with my older pictures. I also want to take my home movies and put them on DVD. I told my daughters I was going to make one DVD each of all the funny things they did so I could just pull it out to show their friends...ha. Have a great day, Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a winner to me about the fires and evacuating...I told hubby I knew what I would grab...and I would do the grabbing at the first sign of any problems LOLOL...glad you got your walk in today...happy day to ya...Ora in KY

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay