Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday Evening

I finally got around to blogging today.
It rained all night here in SoCal and was still raining when we woke up this morning. We had to go to the market and then over to Sam's Club to pick up some things. Also had to go to the post office to buy some "Forever" stamps out of the stamp machine. Heard that they are going to raise the price of the first class stamp again in May. Don't know about where you are, but here, whenever they raise the price, they run out of the Forever stamps about 3 weeks before the increase date.
When we went into the stores, it was pouring down rain. When we came out, the sun was shining. Got home and started to make lunch and then it started to hail, then it stopped and the sun came out again. This afternoon, it got really pretty and clear out but there was a really cold, hard wind blowing.
Also went up to Bed, Bath and Beyond. My husband goes to bed about 2 hours before I do every night and he complains that the TV keeps him awake even though he's in the bedroom and I'm in the living room with the TV volumn turned so low that I can barely hear it. He wanted me to buy one of those personal amplifiers that looks like a BlueTooth earpiece for a cell phone. He said that way I could turn the TV down and hear it and it would not bother him. I really did not want to buy one because I figured it wouldn't really work like they claim it does on the TV ads. Anyway, we went to BBandB and they did have them. We bought one and tried it when we got home. Like I said, it didn't really work like they claim on TV. Didn't amplify the TV sound much and there was a bunch of "white noise". Ended up taking it back for a refund. I told my husband to just wear earplugs when he goes to bed.
Downloaded and installed Internet Explorer 8 on my laptop. I'll wait to see how I like it before I add it to my desktop computer. Also have to make sure it's not that much different from IE7 because my husband uses the desktop and if it is too much different, he'll get very confused as he is not all that computer savvy.

5 comments:

  1. John and I have stashed some of those forever stamps away too. They sure are raising the price of stamps often now days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping in to visit. Sounds like we're having the same winds up here that you have. Thanks for the reminder on the forever stamps as I need to pick some up before the rate changes..

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby tried out several different kinds of those ear things and finally settled on one he likes. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helen. I wish I could find one that I like.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kay, here is the info you asked for. Yes it works perfectly. I can't hear a thing when he mutes the tv but he can hear everything clearly. Helen
    http://www.jr.com/sennheiser/pe/SEN_RS120/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay