Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Late Afternoon Update For Ben

I just called Nick (Ben's nurse). He said Ben's vitals are good and no fever right now. They put him back on the ventilator after he was breathing on his own for about 5 1/2 hours. That's really good because yesterday he was only able to breathe without it for 10 minutes. Nick said the surgeon came in and check on Ben this afternoon. She told him to increase the flow of the Fibersource, so they are "feeding" him a little more. He said Ben was dozing off and on. I asked him to try not to give Ben morphine if possible, because I've noticed that the nurses will ask Ben if he is having pain and he will nod yes, but when I ask him, he shakes his head no, so I think he's a little confused. I asked if they could just give him Tylenol or something. Nick said he will keep that in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay