Friday, June 3, 2011

Friday Update For Ben

Ben seemed very weak today. He can talk, but you can tell he really feels bad. He asks me to give him a "barf bag" every day because he always feels nauseous. He lies there in bed holding it like a security blanket. He never uses it though. He gets more crabby each day, but I know it is because he does not feel good. He keeps telling me that he feels like he's going crazy and he does not know how much longer he can take this. I keep telling him that he will eventually get stronger and get well. The physical therapist came in but Ben did not want to work with her. She said he really looked tired and that she would try to come back later to work with him. She told me she did work with him yesterday. I finally spoke with Dr. Markarian (this week's rotation doctor) and he is nothing like Dr. Manek. I wish so much that we could have kept Dr. Manek. Dr. Markarian told me that the surgeon (Dr. Rupp) has to analyze the results of the procedure from yesterday and then evaluate Ben before they know what they are going to do. Dr. Markarian said he does not have the results back from yesterday yet. Meanwhile, Ben gets weaker in my opinion, even though his vitals are still very stable. He just seems to tired. Dr. Markarian told me that Dr. Rupp should be by to see Ben sometime today, but he had no idea what time that would be. I stayed until 1:30 PM and never saw her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay