Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sunday With Kay

Well today has not been very eventful. I've only cried once or twice. Finally got some sleep last night. I took a sleep aid pill that I bought at Wal-Mart awhile back and it seemed to help. Maybe because I also had to take a Tylenol at the same time because I also had a headache. Maybe the combination of the two put me to sleep. I went to bed around 9:30 pm and went to sleep pretty quick. Woke up a couple of times, but went right back to sleep. Woke up around 6:00 am but didn't get out of bed until 7:00 am to take my blood pressure meds. Decided to go back to bed and get on the computer, but then the stupid cable went out. Lost my TV and my Internet. Whenever that happens, I feel like I'm totally disconnected from the rest of the world. Talk about making me feel even more alone. Got up and put my sheets and towels in the washing machine. When they finished washing, I put them in the dryer and went out for a walk in the June Gloom. I did 1.5 miles. After I got home, I jumped in the 4Runner and drove over to the post office. When I got back home, I remembered I had not stopped to by a lotto ticket for Wednesday night. I've been trying to decide if I want to continue playing the lotto since Ben's gone. That was his thing, not really mine. But I'm leaning toward continuing to play because I know that he would want me to, so I went and bought a ticket. Came home and found the cable was back on….thank goodness. Took the sheets and towels out of the dryer and cried while remaking the bed and folding the towels because Ben always helped me do that on Sundays. Made lunch and have been on the computer and watching TV now for several hours. Right now I'm watching the movie "Phenomenon" starring John Travolta and Kyra Sedgwick. I've always liked this movie and have not seen it for several years. I've been watching some birds outside my sliding doors on the patio. I need to get more birdseed for them. I ran out while Ben was in the hospital. Yesterday I finally filled my hummingbird feeder after 2 months and put some water in the birdbath.


  1. Glad that you got some sleep last night. I hope you can tonight. I take a sleeping aid from my doc and lots of night I also take a tylenol. I think it helps me also. Glad that your cable and internet came back on. You did good on your walk. Helen

  2. I know this is hard. One day at a time. One hour at time. One minute. I know what mom went through. Thinking of you and praying for you.

  3. I haven't commented, but have been following for the last couple of days while on vacation. I'm finally home on a machine that cooperates!

    You may not think so, but you really truly are doing yourself a favor by continuing you routines as much as possible and allowing your grief to have it's way as moments of memory bring it on. Keep at it...every day dawns with a new sun to shine on your path. Just keep at it.
    Hugs to you...


I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.