Sunday, June 26, 2011

What Kay Did On Sunday

Slept last night without any help from a pill. Fell asleep around 9:45 pm. Woke up around 5:00 am, but went right back to sleep. Just before I woke up around 7:00 am, I was dreaming about Ben. It was a very strange dream and I remember him asking me where I had been and he hugged me, but I could not really feel the hug and I could not really see his face very well. I got up at 7:00 am. My head felt like I had a hangover so I decided to go for a walk to try to clear my head. It didn't help because I cried the entire time I was out walking. Kept hoping I didn't run into anyone because they would wonder what the heck was wrong with me. I did about 1.5 miles. When I got home I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast and sent a text to Linda telling her that if Manny was watching a game on TV or something for her to let me know and she and I could do something together. I decided to do some laundry and turned on the TV. Linda texted back telling me they were going to Denny's for breakfast and wanted me to join them, and then go to the Classic Car Show in Newhall after breakfast. I declined the breakfast because I had already eaten and just didn't feel up to going right then plus I was waiting for the laundry to get done, but I called her and said I'd really like to go the car show with them. I didn't want to just sit around and mope like I did yesterday. Before they got here I went out and filled the bird bath up with water and filled my hummingbird feeders. I still need to get some wild bird seed because I ran out while Ben was in the hospital and just have not gone to get more yet. Linda and Manny picked me up around 11:30 am. It was really nice outside. A little warm but there was a nice breeze so it was tolerable. We spent about an hour or so at the car show taking photos then Manny took us over to Starbucks for some iced tea. I had never met Manny. He is really a nice guy. He might be interested in buying the 4Runner from me when I'm ready to sell it in a few months. The brought me back home around 3:00 pm and I got on the computer and posted my photos and now I'm sitting here watching "The Majestic" on ION Television. That was one of Ben's favorite movies because it was filmed in Ferndale, his favorite town in northern California. So all in all, I had a good day today. I hope more of my friends remember to invite me to join them for shopping trips or lunches, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay