Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Kay's Day - 06/28/2011

Didn't get to sleep last night until around midnight again. Had more dreams that I don't remember. Got up around 6:50 am, got dressed and headed out for a morning walk before it got too warm. Did 1.5 miles. Had breakfast when I got home then watched a little TV. Went outside and filled the bird feeder. Got a message on Facebook from DeDee asking if I was going to the support group today. I called her to tell her I was and she said she would meet us there. Linda came at 9:20 am to take me over to the Grief Support Group at the senior center. After the group, we went to Round Table Pizza for lunch and sat and talked for almost 3 1/2 hours. I feel so much better when I'm out with friends. It kind of makes me feel that Ben is just at work like in the "old days" instead of gone forever. I still have not heard from the mortuary about Ben's ashes. If I don't hear from them by tomorrow afternoon, I'll probably call them to see what's going on. Now I'm home watching TV again.

2 comments:

  1. Friends are treasures, I'm glad you have your's at this hard time in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came over via Widow's Christian Place.I am so sorry to hear of your husband's passing.This is a very difficult time.I am 7 months into widowhood and wish I could turn back the time,so we could spend more years together.
    Hang in there,it does get a little easier with time.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay