Sunday, December 11, 2011

Somewhat Sad Sunday

Was 30° when I woke up this morning around 6:00 am. Hike must have thought it was cold because she went out to potty and came running back in as soon as she was finished. For some reason I felt very tired when I first woke up, so stayed in bed awhile. Finally got up and took Hiker for her walk, came back home and had breakfast. My friend DeDee who came over yesterday had brought me some blueberry muffins that she had made. I had a couple of them and they were delicious. Thanks DeDee! Put my sheets and towels into the washing machine and waited for the load to finish so I could put them into the dryer and head out to buy my Lotto tickets. I hear the Mega Millions is over $115 million. It sure takes a lot longer to make a California King sized bed when you are doing it alone. Ben always used to help me make it up after I'd wash the sheets. He'd also help me to fold the towels and put them away. While making the bed, I started to remember how at Christmas time Ben loved to go over to our Lumber City Hardware store (which went out of business last year). He liked going there because they always had the biggest display of Christmas decorations on sale. They always had things that we never saw in other stores. I would see his eyes light up when he'd look at all of the lights and animated decorations. After I was done putting the bed back together, I sat down and watched “A Summer Place” on Turner Classic Movies. Would you believe I had never seen that movie before? The Percy Faith version of theme song of that movie has always been one of my very favorite songs. Ben loved that song too. This was the first Sunday in a long time that I was really feeling lonely. I just felt so sad all day. Finally had to get out of the house, so Hiker and I headed down to the dry riverbed and just wandered around. Getting out into the fresh air helped some.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay