Monday, December 19, 2011

Under The Weather

I had planned on going over to the Kaiser lab this morning to have my blood work done for when I go to see my doctor in January and then I was going to go by Wal-Mart and pick up a few groceries that I'm running out of, but I woke up in the middle of the night with heart burn again. Got up and drank some vinegar and water which made me feel better, so I was able to go back to sleep. But when I woke up around 5:30 am, I felt really tired, so decided to stay in bed most of the day, or at least stay in my jammies all day and lay around on the sofa. I think everything is just catching up with me. Ever since I got Hiker, I've tried to keep active with her and I think maybe I've overdone it. I remember when Ben first went into the hospital back in February, I felt exactly this same way. I think some of it is also stress. Even though I'm not celebrating Christmas, I think the holiday is stressing me out because I do not have Ben with me. I got up and made myself an egg on a muffin and after I ate it, I started feeling better. I decided to get up, make the bed, throw on some sweats and just veg out on the sofa all day instead of staying in bed. But I still did not feel well enough to go out driving. Besides, it was all cloudy and gray outside and they said it might rain. I could tell Hiker was disappointed that she did not get out for walks, but she got over it and did OK playing with her toys in the house. She would go out into the backyard but never left the porch. She would lie next to the sliding door and watch me. Probably to make sure I was OK. When she came inside, she would get up on the sofa next to me and bark at me. Been eating comfort foods all day. Had a bowl of chicken noodle soup and a peanut butter sandwich for lunch. By then I was feeling about 75% better than I was when I woke up this morning. I walked up to the mail box and took Hiker with me since she wasn't going to get out on a normal walk today. When we got back to the house, I opened the door for her and she was refusing to go inside. She wanted to stay out and walk some more.

1 comment:

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.