Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sunny Sunday


Last evening Hiker did something so cute. I put her dinner in her bowl in the laundry room and she was eating. I went into the bathroom toward the front of the house and she stopped eating and came to see where I was as she never really lets me out of her sight. After she saw me in the bathroom, she went back to the laundry room to eat some more. In the meantime, I went to get something out of the entry closet. Well Hiker thought I was still in the bathroom and she went right past me and into the bathroom to look for me and saw that I was not there, so she turned and ran to the other end of the house to see if I was in my bedroom. When she saw I wasn't, she ran back to the front of the house to see if I was in the computer room, and when she saw I was not there, she ran back to the bedroom again. She ran back and forth about 3 times before she finally noticed me in the entry and she came running to me like she had not seen me in years. I guess she thought she had “lost” me or something. Silly doggie. Woke up around 6:00 am and turned on the TV to watch the morning news. Found cartoons on instead and then realized it was Sunday. Stayed in bed until 8:00 and then got up a made breakfast. Took Hiker on a short 1 mile walk. I put her jacket on her and she just does not seem to like having it on. She acts like she has done something bad and droops her ears. When she walks with it on, she does not have that “happy step” like she does when she does not have it on. I make sure it's not too tight on her so it's not that. I usually end up taking it off of her and then she is happy again. It was a beautiful day here today. Almost hit 70°. Took Hiker down to the park in the afternoon to let her sniff around and explore. She just loves checking out everything she sees. I've decided that I'm going over to the Kaiser office where my doctor is here in Canyon Country in the morning to have my blood work done. That way he will have the results for when I go in to see him in January. I'll bet my cholesterol is higher because I cannot take the statins to lower it plus I have not been watching what I eat every since Ben died. I eat whatever I want, mostly comfort foods. I'm not diabetic, but I'll bet my blood sugar levels will be up too because I have been eating a lot of pastas (more comfort food) because they are so easy to make and I love pasta. But I've decided I am not going to deprive myself of anything I want. Life is too short.

Below is a photo of Ben and me one Christmas in our favorite place - Ferndale, CA


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay