Friday, December 16, 2011

Windy All Day

My wind chimes blowing in the wind woke me up this morning. Hiker actually has been letting me sleep later in the mornings now. It was 45° when we woke up, but I didn't feel very well this morning, so we stayed in bed until almost 8:00 am. Got up and went for a short 1 mile walk because the wind was blowing very cold. Hiker still doesn't know what to think about her coat. When I put it on her, her ears droop and she doesn't act like herself. The wind blew really hard most of the day. I basically stayed inside most of the day. Hiker kept going in and out, from the house to the back yard. She would go out and lay in the sun for awhile and then want back in. I know she would have liked me to come out and play ball with her, but I just did not feel like it. A large twig broke from the tree and fell to the ground and she went out to inspect that. I cut out more squares from Ben's shirts for the pillow. I wanted to have them all done so when Linda gets back and we start putting it all together. During lunch, I had one of those “sneak attacks” of tears hit me. A vision of Ben lying in his hospital bed went through my mind and wham, I started to cry. Hiker came over to me and started licking me and she was making whimpering sounds. Because of the high winds, did not take Hiker out for an afternoon walk. Instead I watched a movie called “Bag Of Bones” on A&E. It's from a Stephen King book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay