Sunday, April 15, 2012

Can We Go For A Walk Mom?

It's been 10 months now since Ben passed away. Where has the time gone? I still feel like I'm living in a “fog”. I keep wondering if I will feel this way for the rest of my life or if I will one day start to enjoy “living” again. Woke up to a beautiful morning so took Hiker out for our usual 1.5 mile walk. When we got home I took my older vacuum outside and cleaned Hiker's hair out of both of my vehicles. Then I came in and vacuumed her hair up out of my carpet. Tried to get Hiker out on the patio with her “Shed Pal” to brush her and get some of that hair off of her. She doesn't mind the regular brush but she does not like the kind that helps pull out the hair under the outer fur that falls out so much. She is just too smart for me. She knows what I'm trying. I had to bribe her with treats and even then, she gets nervous and pees while I'm holding her down and she squirms and eventually gets away from me. After lunch, Hiker and I went out and sat on the patio. She mostly laid in the grass in the sun, I sat in Ben's big chair on the patio in the shade. After about an hour or so, we decided to head out for another walk. We did 2 miles this time. It was about 70° as we were walking. Lots of people out on the trail.


3 comments:

  1. Kay- what a nice post. I always enjoy reading your posts- they interest me! : ) I'm sure it must have been a difficult 10 months for you! Believe me- the hurting never goes away. It has been 13 years since my dad passed away and the hurt is still there for me. But it is easier to get used to him not being here- sometimes I forget that I don't have a dad. But then other times I miss him so much it hurts me so bad. I'm sure you feel the same way. I'm so sorry that you lost your husband and your best friend. If you ever need someone to talk to or just let someone know how you feel feel free to email me (britt7green@verizon.net) or leave a comment on my blog. I'm here for you! :)

    Hiker is so cute! She sounds like such a smart dog! hahaha...yeah, dogs seem to shed so much!!

    Hope that your night goes well! It looks like by the radar/weather gadget you have on your blog that it is a nice day!! : ) It was nice here today too!

    Have a nice night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My BFF tells me to tell you the fog lifts eventually. But you will NEVER forget. That ache in your heart will always be there. HANG IN THERE. Hiker is such a wonderful dog. You are so LUCKY to have found one another. It was just what you needed. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be hard to get out of the fog, but hopefully it lifts now and then especially when you are hiking with your mate. She's adorable. I guess dogs moult more as summer approaches.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay