Thursday, April 12, 2012

Cloudy Thursday

Had some strange dreams last night. Was dreaming I was out with people for lunch. These were not people I knew or recognized but it seemed that I worked with them. I am retired and have not worked for over 6 years so I thought this was strange. Anyway, we were out for lunch but it seemed to be dark outside. I had driven these people to the restaurant and when we came out to leave, my car was missing. Also I remember dreaming about my mom and dad last night. I dream about them every now and then, but I don't dream about Ben and I don't understand why I don't ever dream about him. I've always heard that when you dream about a deceased loved-one that it means their spirit has visited you. This morning Hiker and I were lying in bed. I had the morning news on the TV and I suddenly thought of Ben lying in the hospital bed and how the nurses and orderlies would come in and move him around and how he'd look at me with such a frightened look on his face. I started sobbing and Hiker started licking my face and whimpering. Took Hiker out for a morning walk and once again she stopped to look for the pair of ducks in the ditch, but again they were not there. It sure looked like rain while we were out this morning. We are supposed to have more rain by this weekend. I ran into one of my neighbor's while we were walking and she said she heard that our Internet service with Time Warner has been extended again for another two months through the end of June. I'll have to check with the office about that. I re-potted a plant that I had in the backyard. It was part of an arrangement that I had received from All Saints Healthcare after Ben passed away. That was the sub-acute care unit he was at for a few days about this time last year. Most of the other plants in the arrangement had died due to my neglecting them when I was not feeling up to doing anything, but one plant survived, so now it is in a pot on my front porch. Hiker napped while I had lunch and watch “The Young and the Restless”, then we went for a 2 mile walk. Still very cloudy outside and breezy, but it was still nice enough weather for a walk.


1 comment:

  1. Ahhh that is so caring of Hiker to lick you when you were sad. I hope the weather is warmer when we arrive on Sunday week.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay