Monday, April 2, 2012

A Good Monday

Beautiful morning here today. I noticed that the was ice on my neighbor's roof. The temperature was about 35° when I let Hiker out to go potty. Today would have been Ben's mom's 93rd birthday. She was a great mother-in-law and I miss her a lot. I went to one of our local Goodwill stores and when I was paying for my purchase, I requested the senior discount. I had to show them my ID to prove I was over 62. Guess that's a good thing! It's kind of funny though because when we were 21 we had to prove it and now that I am 62, I have to prove it (LOL). My brother Ron called me from northern California. He had gone to a new doctor today and wanted to tell me how it went. After lunch, I put Hiker in the car and we drove over to Newhall. I had gotten an email from the Community Hiking Club about a new “open area” that just became available for hiking. I wanted to go over and check out the trail head. It looks like it might be a nice area to hike, so I emailed Linda and we are going to hike over there on Thursday morning. While we were out, Ben's sister Donna called me on my cell. She and her husband were heading for home but had stopped at the Route 66 Classic Grill for lunch and they wanted to know if I wanted to join them. I had already had lunch and Hiker and I were across the valley from there so I declined the invitation. We came back home after checking out the trail head and then I gook Hiker for a 1.81 mile walk. It got up into the high 70's today.


1 comment:

  1. Always exciting to find a new trail. I go with a walking club every Thursday and find lots of new trails to me even though I've walked in this forest for years

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay