Sunday, April 22, 2012

Money Is Only Worth Something If You Spend It

No hike this morning. We got up around 7:00 am and headed out for a morning walk. We did a little over 2.5 miles. Came home and I made us a pancake and sausage breakfast. Headed over to Sam's Club to pick up a few things and then also went to Wal-Mart. We went by a place that is supposed to be a new “open space” for hiking, but it is still not open. We came back home to check on Hiker and then Keith and I headed over to Carl's Jr. for lunch. Came back home and watched an old movie called “Final Countdown”. Keith had never seen it before. We are planning another walk later this afternoon or early this weekend and we are planning another hike tomorrow morning. I had said last week that I had the urge to spend some money and I've been doing that this weekend. Bought some new clothes, new shoes, a lithium powered screwdriver since my old one that Ben bought about 20 years ago quit working, and a new DVD player. Also spent money for food at Sam's Club and also when we've gone out to eat lunch every day. Only got up to 80° here today which was much better than the 96° we had yesterday. We even had a “marine layer” this morning. They are saying we may even have some “drizzle” tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay