Monday, April 30, 2012

Those Darn Ticks

When Hiker and I got up this morning there was a thick marine layer outside. We went for a short 1 mile walk because I needed t get home and clean my house. After our walk, I made us both a poached egg. After breakfast, I was playing with Hiker and I noticed a small lump behind her left ear. I had seen her scratching that area a lot lately so I suspected she had a tick. Every time I felt the small lump, it had moved a little, so now I was sure it was a tick. I was finally able to pull it out and so far I have not felt any other small lumps on her. Last week when I was at Wal-Mart I picked up some Hartz Ultragard flea, tick and mosquito drops and I had applied it to her coat the same day I bought it, so it was about a week ago I did that. Hopefully the tick I pulled out was the only one to escape the Hartz Ultragard. That's the trouble with having a dog who loves to go hiking and play in the yard. I worry that the ticks may transfer to me since Hiker sleeps with me. So what do the rest of you who have dogs do to prevent ticks? Decided to bake a cake today. Every now and then I get a craving for something sweet, so I figured I'd make a quarter sheet cake, cut it up into individual servings and then freeze them. That way I can pull one out and defrost it whenever I want some. Finally got up to 80° today. Took Hiker out for another short walk as it felt pretty hot out there around 1:15 pm when we went out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay