Sunday, May 4, 2014

Cooler Today

Decided to sleep in for a little while this morning and didn't get up until 8 am. Thought since we didn't do a morning walk and it was too hot to walk in the afternoon, I would use my Wii Sports to get some exercise today. When I play the tennis, baseball and golf on the Wii, I can really work up a sweat. The say we are going to cool down some this week, but then possible be back up into the 90's by the end of the week. At least I don't have a busy week like I did the past 2 weeks. I do have to go by Wal-Mart on Monday and then I'll go to my support group on Tuesday. Friday Jean is going to groom Hiker and shave her for the hotter weather. Saturday, Jean, and I are going to go to the open house at the Castaic Water building. But all of these things are right near home and I won't be gone all day like I've been the past 2 weeks. When I got out of bed this morning, I had that nagging feeling that my lower back was going out on me. Last week I purchased a TENS Electronic Pulsating Massager on Amazon so this gave me the chance to try it out. It feels so good when it is pulsating on my back muscle. I ran it for about 30 minutes and it seems to have helped. Had a surprise phone call from my dear friend Mary Lou Voils from Virginia this morning. She and I worked together at Lockheed for many years. She was one of the first people to speak to me when I hired in at age 18. She was 41 at the time. She is now 87 years old. Hiker and I went out into the backyard and I realized it was a lot cooler (10° cooler) than it was the past few days, so Hiker and I took a walk around our community. Only did a mile and it wasn't the full 30 minutes, but it was 22 minutes so that's better than nothing. My lower back started to hurt when we first started out, but by the time we got back home, my back wasn't hurting, so the walking helped relax the muscle.

The walk must have pooped Hiker out because when I came in from the garage, this is what I saw:

1 comment:

  1. It is nice to talk to friends from afar. Hiker looks pooped out, indeed. Hope your back holds out.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay