Friday, May 30, 2014

Friday Again

Really did not want to get out of bed this morning. Lately I have been having trouble falling asleep at night again. I doze off on the sofa while watching TV so I go to bed and then I'm wide awake again, so I turn the TV on in the bedroom and then if I'm lucky, I start getting sleepy around midnight. Then I don't really sleep that good. I'm up a couple of times during the night to go to the bathroom and then I also have all kinds of weird dreams every night, so I'm tossing and turning. I know I can take a sleeping aid, but I would rather try to fall asleep naturally. I have not had a good night's sleep in months. It's like right after Ben passed away all over again. I remember having trouble sleeping back then. Went on a dog walk with Jean this morning and then we let the dogs run around in my back yard. After Jean went home, Hiker and I had some poached eggs and then I headed up to the grocery store to pick up a few things. By the time I got home, it was already starting to get hot outside. Got up to about 95° by 2 pm. I'm really afraid that this is a preview of how our summer is going to be. Each year for the past 3 years, our summers have gotten hotter and hotter and we've gotten less rain each winter.

1 comment:

  1. It's been hot here too. Being restless at night is hard, I know. I've found if I get up and do something for a little while, after I've tried and tried to get some shuteye, the sleep comes easier.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay