Thursday, May 8, 2014

Kind Of A Busy Day

So I received a reply from my doctor to the email I sent him about my lipid panel (cholesterol) results from the blood work I did yesterday. My total cholesterol is down 30% in the past 8 weeks I've been taking the Crestor twice a week. My doctor now suggests that I try taking it three times a week and see if I can tolerate that dosage since the twice a week didn't cause any side effects. He placed a new prescription of Crestor for me. Had to run some errands this morning. Filled the car up with gasoline and picked up a few things at Sam's Club. After lunch, I drove all the way to the other side of the valley to Kaiser's pharmacy to pick up the refill for Crestor that my doctor sent in for me. I didn't take Hiker with me because it was too warm for her to be in the car while I was inside. I walked in and there was standing room only in the pharmacy. Their computer system was down. They said they could not do any refills, only new prescriptions, which didn't make any sense because all of their prescriptions/refills are done online now. So they were taking everyone's phone number so they could call us when our prescription and/or refill was ready. I drove all the way back home and about 10 minutes later they called and said my refill would be ready in about an hour. I told them I'd come back tomorrow. Didn't feel like driving all the way back over there again and the later it gets, the worse the traffic gets.

1 comment:

  1. Wow what a mess with the pharmacy. You had the right idea to go back tomorrow to pick up your prescription.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay