Saturday, May 31, 2014

Last Day Of May

Decided to take a sleep aid last night before I went to bed even though I had been dozing while watching TV in the living room. Fell asleep around 10 pm. I remember getting up at least once to go to the bathroom. Still didn't have a good sleep because I was having the crazy, strange dreams all night again. I only remember a little about one of them. I was in an office somewhere and I needed to call someone (don't know who) to let them know that I would be home later than I had expected. I found sever telephone on desks, but there was no one around to tell me how to get an “outside” line on the office phones. I remembered it used to be “dial 9 first” and I tried that and I couldn't get a dial tone. Hiker woke me out of that dream as she wanted to go outside around 6 am. We got out of bed around 8 am and I had a bowl of cereal and then took Hiker for a 1.5 mile walk. It was already getting warm and when we got back home, I was drenched in sweat. By noon it was in the 80's and by 2 pm, it was about 90°. Hiker and I stayed cool inside the house. I watched a TV movie and some shows on Investigation Discovery while Hiker stretched out on the sofa. Tomorrow, my neighbor Jean wants me to go up to Montrose, CA with her for a craft fair. Hope it's not too hot. My older brother Ron called me from Paradise, CA this afternoon. Said he will be working a few extra days at the Ace Hardware he works at up there. He knows that on his “normal” days off, I hear from him now and then, so he didn't want me to worry if I didn't hear from him on those days. The house smells like stewed chicken. I have a chicken breast in my crock pot and I'll be adding some egg noodles later for dinner. Yum.

1 comment:

  1. Dinner sounds good. Stay cool. It's in the 80's here.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay