Friday, October 17, 2014

Busy Day

Got up at 6 am and Hiker and I went on a dog walk with Jean and her dogs while Keith slept in. I was telling Jean how Hiker has been scratching a lot. She started doing it while we were up at my brother Ron’s. She was scratching more than usual and she was rubbing her nose on the carpet. Jean went to dog grooming school and she learned a little about dog allergies and skin problems. She suggested that I give Hiker a bath because she may have picked up something from the pine trees and other vegetation up north that she was not used to.
Keith left to head back to his home around 11:15 am, so as soon as he left, I put Hiker in the tub and lathered her up really good with dog shampoo. I’m surprised she was so good with me doing it because she used to give me all kinds of problems when I would try to bathe her back before I turned that job over to Jean.
I’m hoping that now she won’t be scratching so much because I was worried that she would get a rash or some hot spots. Or maybe scratch herself raw.
I did a couple of loads of laundry…sheets and towels from our trip and the towels I used to bathe Hiker.
Had some bills to take care of and some other things that I could not really get to until Keith left.
Jean called me around 11:45 am and told me she just went to Best Buy and purchased a new Tivo and she wanted to know if I would come over and help her set it up. I know nothing about Tivos but I told her I’d give it a try. Was there for several hours and we kept having problems with Time Warner on the phone trying to re-activate her new digital boxes that she got today.
Weather was fantastic today. It was in the mid 70’s and breezy. A few clouds floating over.

1 comment:

  1. The Tivo sounds complicated. I hope Hiker does not get any hotspots. They can be so bothersome. Hope the bath did the trick.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay