Monday, October 20, 2014

Crazy Afternoon

Up at 6 am we went on a morning dog walk at 7 am with Jean and her dogs and then they had a play date in my back yard.
So today I tried to get into the Social Security website again to check out my annual statement. I put in my information and then it tells me that I tried several times to get into the site so they were suspending me for 24 hours because I had tried to get into the site too many times and failed. Well that was NOT my fault because yesterday it kept crashing. So now I have to wait until tomorrow to try to see my statement.
I am finally loving the cool fall weather. Took Hiker for an afternoon walk. Was still a little warm out there, in the low 80’s. But I need to get back into walking 3 or 4 times a week.
When I got home, I picked up my mail and there was a letter from Lockheed telling me that the insurance plan I now have with them would no longer be offered. I called Kaiser and they said as far as they knew, Lockheed California was still offering Kaiser to its retirees but Lockheed Georgia was not. So I called the Lockheed Employee Services which I hate doing because they are a 3rd party and never know what they are talking about. Anyway, they told me that Lockheed California WAS still offering Kaiser to its retirees and that I should get my enrollment papers next week with a form to fill out to sign up with Kaiser Medicare Advantage. I hope the woman knew what she was talking about because most of the time they don’t. She told me she had no idea that Lockheed Georgia had dropped Kaiser, but Kaiser told me they had a letter from Lockheed stating that they were.
Then I called Kaiser back to let them know I had called Lockheed and what they had told me because the woman I had spoken to at Kaiser said they would appreciate a call back from me to let them know what Lockheed told me. In the meantime, I asked about the form Kaiser was supposed to send to me this month for me to fill out and send back to them. They said they had mailed it out to me back on September 24th, but I never received it. I check my mail every day and go through everything, even the junk mail. They told me that they would send another form out. Hopefully I will get it in time for my enrollment period.
What a mess.

1 comment:

  1. The right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. Hope it all works out. A mess for sure,

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay