Sunday, October 5, 2014

I HATE THIS HEAT!

I just did not want to get out of bed this morning. I got up at the usual 6 am to let Hiker outside. I swear that she counts the chimes on my grandfather clock. Otherwise I have no idea how she knows when it is 6 am. If I get up to go to the bathroom any other time of the night or early morning, she does not move from the bed, but somehow she knows when it is 6 am.
She and I went back to bed and I fell asleep and did not wake up until about 7:45. Hiker was sitting right next to me staring at me.
I sure wish it would cool off here. It was 100° at noon. I just don’t want to do anything when it is hot. All I do is sit on the sofa and watch TV and mess around on the computer. Hiker tries to get me to play by bringing a toy or a chew stick over to me and she dares me to take it away from her. I hope when it gets cooler I’ll get back to wanting to walk and hike and do other things.
Finally got myself up off the sofa and headed over to the historical society with Hiker to meet up with my friend RuthAnne. I had something I had to give to her. She docents at the train station once a month. Stayed for a little while and talked with her and the other docent since there wasn’t anyone the because of the heat. When we got back home it was 109° on my patio.

1 comment:

  1. You're having a heatwave, no doubt about it. We barely got up to 48 yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay