Sunday, October 26, 2014

Out And About With Neighbor Jean Today

Stayed up late last night watching a movie on the Hallmark Channel. Hike and I went to bed around 11:30 pm.
Hiker then woke me up just after 5:30 am to go outside this morning. She’s been off her schedule ever since we got back from our trip up north.
Got up around 7 am and had breakfast. Jean came around 9:30 am and picked me up to go to the Crafty Ladies fall craft fair over in Northridge, CA. I only go because it gives me something to do. I think I’ve only bought something there once.
We left there and headed back over to the Santa Clarita Valley. Jean told me she was taking me to lunch because I had helped her with hooking up her cable box, Tivo and TV last week. She wanted to try a new place that one of her friends had told her about over in Stevenson Ranch called Urbane CafĂ©. I wasn’t really into going there because it was all “gourmet” sandwiches and salads, but I figured since she was buying, I would not object. I’m not a gourmet kind of girl. I like plain old food like burgers, fries, pizza, etc. I will admit that the sandwich was not bad, but I didn’t care for the salad that came with it. It’s not a place that I would go back to.
We also stopped by a few stores, but I didn’t buy anything.
The weather was fantastic today. It was about 75°, clear and breezy. My favorite kind of weather. Took Hiker out for an afternoon walk.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful sky and photo! Glad you had a nice day.. Enjoy your week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can be fun to try a new restaurant to eat in. Of course it depends what you like. It was a nice gesture on your friend's part to take you there.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay