Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday

Had trouble going to sleep again last night. Finally took a sleep aid pill around 1:00 am. I had turned the TV in the bedroom off but it was so quiet that I could not stand it, so I turned it back on but didn't watch it. Finally fell asleep with it on. Woke up around 5:30 am because I heard the TV, but I went back to sleep. Woke up again at 7:00 am and decided to get up. Went to Eyeglasses Direct to have them put some lenses with my new prescription into the frames of my “spare” eyeglasses. I cannot get by without my eyeglasses, so I must have 2 pair. After leaving Eyeglasses Direct, I went and got the 4Runner washed at the “quicky car wash”. I've always hated washing the 4Runner because it is so big. I need to take it somewhere soon and have it hand waxed as Ben did not get to do that this year. I don't mind washing my Corolla, so I might do that later today if it's not too hot outside. Eyeglasses Direct called me and said my glasses were ready (wow that was fast), so I went a picked them up. Guess with this economy, they are not very busy, plus I had my own frames so the did not have to order any. I wish I wasn't afraid to go hiking alone now. When Ben was alive and before I met Linda, I hiked alone for a couple of years because I had no one to go with me. I was never afraid to go alone back then. Of course Ben always worried about me while I was out. I would go hiking on the days that he had to work. I remember I would tell him as he left for work that I was going for a hike and where I was going. He always insisted that when I got to the parking area of the hike to call him, then to call him when I got back to the car after my hike and then to call him again once I got home. He'd always ask about how long the hike would take and if he didn't hear from me in a certain amount of time, he'd call me. He was always worried about me and always watching out for me. I think that's why I'm now afraid to go hiking alone. I feel that no one would know where I was in case anyone had to come looking for me. Looking forward to my brother Keith coming up this weekend. It will be nice to have company and a little conversation. I miss conversation.

1 comment:

  1. I do hope the weekend will be a good one.Having someone around does help.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay