Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thursday...Some Good...Some Bad

I had not cried for a couple of days but I made up for it last night. I cried for about 30 minutes and the entire time I was “talking” to Ben telling him how much I loved him and how much I miss him. Needless to say, I didn't not go to sleep until around 1:30 am. Strange how on Tuesday night I could not keep my eyes open while watching TV and went to bed at 9:15 pm and went right to sleep, but the next night, I could not sleep if my life depended on it. Ran some errands this morning, got Ben's Lotto ticket, went to the post office, filled the 4Runner with gas and then went to the bank to cash the check I got for selling my gold and silver. Got some bad news from my brother Keith today. He got laid off from his job effectively immediately. The company has been taking a hit from the bad economy. His losing his job could cause our trip to see our brother Ron in October to be canceled. The company is giving Keith a severance package and he can claim unemployment once the severance runs out, but if he is able to find a job before the date we are planning to go to Ron's, we won't be able to go because he can't get a new job and then just take off for a vacation right away. Met with 5 of my retired girlfriends that I worked at Lockheed with for lunch today. We had a nice time as usual, shooting the breeze for hours. Now I'm back home feeling a little lonely and thinking and worrying about Keith and hoping that he has no problem finding a job soon.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, I'm so sorry you have had such a rough nite & day! So sorry to hear about your brother Keith losing his job! I'm praying that everything turns out well & that you guys will still be able to take that trip! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no.Getting laid off is not a good thing.I do hope he can find a suitable job,but then I also hope for your sake that you can take that trip.Time will tell.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay